WP 1: Industrial Flow Optimisation
- Definition of industrial use cases and their performance/accuracy requirements, benchmarking of current approaches.
- ESR training in industrial environment: a) familiarisation with the industrial state of the art, b) application of developed methods in the industrial environment
- Benchmarking of developed approaches against current practice, evaluation in industrial environment.
The methods developed by the Fellows in the project will be demonstrated in the industrial context during their second/final secondments. Their successful demonstration will significantly enlarge the envelope of industrial applications that can be tackled with gradient-based CFD in the key problem areas as addressed by WPs 2-6.
Lead: RR, participants: all partners [months 1- 18]
Participating Research Fellows
- Giorgos Karpouzas (ESR4 at ENGYS): Topology Optimisation based in OPENFOAM Continuous Adjoint Solver (WPs 1, 2, 5, 6)
- George Eleftheriou (ESR5 at ESI): Discrete Adjoint Solvers and Parallelisation (WPs 1, 3, 4)
- Georgios Ntanakas (ESR10 at RR) Regularisation of turbo-machinery flows with unsteady flow separations (WPs 1, 3, 4, 5)